Regulatory and Government Affairs
CMN maintains a robust regulatory and governmental affairs practice for its financial services and life, health, and disability insurance clients. In these heavily regulated industries, clients are routinely faced with ever-changing regulations that present compliance and operational challenges. Our attorneys work closely with clients on a wide variety of compliance issues in order to head off disputes with regulators down the road. When government investigations challenge our clients’ business operations, we guide them through the process while vigorously defending and protecting them from overreach.
- Counseled clients on wide range of regulatory issues surrounding implementation of Affordable Care Act and accompanying regulations.
- Regularly prepare 50 State Surveys on regulatory issues important to the life and health insurance industries.
- Represented life and health insurance clients in connection with market conduct examinations and defense of actions arising from market conduct examinations.
- Successfully challenged HMO guaranty fund assessments by state agency and secured $6 million recovery for managed care clients.
- Provided guidance and counseling for broker-dealer clients in connection with FINRA investigations.
- Mounted legal challenge against state award of government insurance contracts deemed violative of state open bidding laws.
- Negotiated regulatory approvals for health and life insurance clients with state insurance departments and related agencies.
- Represented professionals in administrative licensing proceedings.